Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dare to be Sassy Thursdays #88 and Masquerade Ball Entry

The Challenge over at SSD is to show your school colors. Make a card or project using your school's colors (could be your elementary, high school or college colors). The project doesn't need to be school themed. Make sure you tell us what those colors are. 

The image I am using is also a Freebie that I picked up at PaperCraft Planet called School Days Dayna.  they give out a freebie every Friday for 24 hrs only and you won't find this image in their store at all because they are retired images.  Their challenge for this week is "Back To School"!  Don't forget to join this Group over at PaperCraft Planet lots of friendly talented crafters there.

Here is my Card, these are my High School Colors are Blue and White
Card Size 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper DCWV The Grade School
I used my Lacey Ovals nestie to mat my SSD image
Ribbon is Michaels.
The books image is from TradeFish Designs newly released stamp called Back2School (I wrote down the name of the subjects.
The Sentiment is also from TradeFish Designs called Back2School

Also being Entered to the following Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C103 Back To School


This is my project from the Masquerade Ball that Sassy Studio Design had last Saturday.  Yes they gave out all of these Sassy Images and More.  So I decided to make something for "ME".  I hope you guys like it. Their challenge was to Use any of the 7 new masked images to create a project embellished with bling or sequins or feathers or any combination of the three.  

Well it was just way to hard for me to pick just one because you know how much I love their images so I just decided to color or paper pierce all 7 images.  Now a lot of this images you can purchase at their store, but they just don't have the mask this was their special for reaching 400 members over at Paper Craft Planet. But you never know they may soon be available for purchase too.

Here it is:
The size of this is 4.25 x 21" I think
DP I used are Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses and Marjolaine,  DCWV Lemon Stack, Recollection Midnight Madness
Flowers are Prima and Recollections
Feathers I got from Joanns
Bling and Pearls are from Prima
Glossy Accents, Stickles have been added around the images.
Sentiments are all My Creative Time: Inspiring Words, Inspiring Words (Accents) and Encouraging Quotes

Here are a few close ups:

9 comments:

Glora said...

WOW Kate, that is a lot of work. These are both awesome!!! Hugs- Glora

Sara said...

Hi Kate, I can't even begin to tell you how fabulous these are, but my fave is the masquerade. Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Anonymous said...

Cute design.

Anonymous said...

THis is awesome... love it.. kate youre so talented.. and will be a great add to the Sassy group.
Good luck my friend..

Ivette

Linda said...

Oh my goodness aren't you just having a fun time. These are lovely. I wish I could pack all my Copic markers and take these images to color on the plane. I still need to make one.
Beautiful ladies!

Regan said...

Wow, wow, WOW, Kate!!! Your masquerade project is, is, is.... leaving me speechless! What a fabulous masterpiece! That looks like a lot of work went into it! It is utterly gorgeous, stunning, and breath-taking! I left you comments on PCP for your adorable school card too! Thanks for playing along with all the Sassy Studio Designs challenges! You are a delight! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Julie said...

Wow Kate! Gorgeous and Sassy! I love how you showed off each of the images. Thanks for joining us for our Masquerade Ball at SSD
Hugs,
Julie

Made by Mandy said...

OMG, this is just spectacular Kate !

Love Mandy xxx

Rene said...

This is such a fabulous project! Wow, you really did a great job!!!
All the images are lovely, I agree!
{{hugs}}
Rene